This one is perfect for any sort of “pot-luck” party you might be attending. I love this because it’s fairly simple, and it’s very much a “comfort-food.” My husband even enjoys putting a dollop of dairy-free sour cream on the top to give it a little more “spunk.”
This dish can be served as a side, or as the main coarse. It’s the mixture of these three key ingredients that really makes it a stand-out dish.
- 1/2 medium cauliflower, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 large red potato washed and thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters (you can also use picked hearts which wil just give it more of that vinegar taste)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil of your choice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup canned white kidney beans
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup milk of your choosing (I used coconut)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish. Add cauliflower, potato, garlic and artichoke hearts, stirring to combine.
- Place beans, broth, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper in a blender and process until smooth. Pour over vegetables stirring to cover.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend all topping ingredients in blender or food processor until it begins to look like bread crumbs.
- Once the casserole is done baking, sprinkle the topping over it and return it to the oven for an additional 25 minutes or until topping is golden and the casserole is bubbling.
- Try not to eat it all in one sitting!